Friday, June 27, 2008

Garden on June 26


And here we are June 26th.

Here's what I'm growing:
-tomatoes
Bloody Butcher
Black Cherry
Matt's Wild Cherry
Druzba
Anna Russian
Big Beef
New Big Dwarf
Kellogg's Breakfast

-peppers
California Wonder
Improved Espanola
Peguin

Zucchini hybrid
Bush Blue Lake snap beans,
Cucumber hybrid


The tomato list I put together as well as I could given the late date I discovered that I could have a garden this year. The rest of my list is not as sexy as it might be, but I figured that run of the mill hybrids would be better than nothing at all.

I munched my first 4 inch zucchini yesterday btw. Fruit has set on Bloody Butcher (10 days ago), both cherries, and Big Beef. All the others have flowers and will set fruit soon I hope. Bush Blue Lake's have beanlets and the zucchini is going bonkers. Nothing on the cukes yet but they went in last as an afterthought.

1 comment:

Mackenzi said...

lookin' amazing. i'm not having any luck in my shady little yard, but i still enjoy it all the same!