Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Tomatoes setting

All my tomatoes, except a bloom-filled kellogg's breakfast that went in a week late, have set fruit. Bloody butcher as 20+, Big Beef 10+. The rest have just started.

I yanked a small greenie with blossom end rot from my bloody butcher. It has many more and bigger fruit set that look fine. Hopefully this is an isolated incident.

My zucchini, which had been looking stellar, got hit by some white powdery mildew. Affected leaves would yellow in a few days. It also aborted a few fruit. I looked this up and it said to cut the affected leaves and spray with a 50/50 milk and water solution. I cut the leaves this morning (well over 50% of the plant) and will try the spray tonight. Other than some fungus gnats and a random cocoon/worm i yanked off my bell pepper, the plants look good.

My peguin chile pepper has been looking a bit droopy. It's definitely not under-watered, but it's in a smallish black plastic pot. I'm thinking maybe it's been getting too hot during the day. I wrapped it in a sheet this morning like I did my tomatoes. We'll see if that helps.

No comments: